Confession: I’m no domestic goddess, but every now and then I like to practice! Let’s face it, after a long day’s work, fighting traffic twice, the last thing I want to do is roam around the grocery store, stand in the checkout line, then come home and cook! I know that sounds like a piece of cake to some of you, but you have to admit it can be daunting..
For me, figuring out what I want to eat is half the battle! I’m not necessarily the most creative in the kitchen, so by the time I get hungry- all I want to do is EAT! Quick and simple is the only thing I have patience for! I have to give credit to Pinterest for tantalizing my tastebuds. Although, I never follow any recipe to the tee- Pinterest is a good starting point! Recently, I took a stab at Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake. It passed my test! It’s quick, super easy, cost less than $20 and it took less than an hour to prepare! You may even have some of the ingredients on hand. I did! :)
- 1 Box of Pasta (12 ounces)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 Package of Italian Blend Cheese (Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan, Romano)
- “Pinch” of Salt
- A few cracks of pepper
- A jar of your favorite tomato sauce
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Cup of Basil – chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cook pasta – drain place back into the pot you cooked the pasta in – add chicken and tomato sauce – add ½ of basil, salt, garlic, and pepper – stir
- Mix well
- Pour half the pasta into a casserole dish – sprinkle with cheese then add the rest of the pasta
- Add the remainder of pasta and cover with cheese
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted
Add the rest of the basil before serving. (I also sprinkled crushed red pepper and dried oregano on top).
Not only did it look amazing, it tasted just as good!